Not withstanding the global financial crisis, India recorded a 45 per cent growth in Foreign Direct Investment by receiving USD 23.3 billion between April and December 2008 over the same period in the previous year began to open its economy to foreign direct investment and trade in 1991. Since then our lawyers have been advising foreign and Indian companies and enterprising individuals across a wide variety of sectors. MLS therefore has the experience and expertise to provide sensible solutions to the legal, business and cultural challenges that the fast changing global business environment presents. Our corporate team advises on both inbound and outbound deals.
Our expertise includes:
- Preparing entry strategy.
- Advise on Foreign Exchange Management Act (“FEMA”)
- FDI Approvals from Foreign Investment Promotion Board (“FIPB”) / Secretariat of Industrial pprovals (“SIA”)
- Approvals from Reserve Bank of India (“RBI”) for liaison office, branch office and project office.
- Setting up wholly owned subsidiary (incorporating a company)
- Advising on repatriation of funds and profits form India
- Advising on intellectual property technology transfer